You’re having a bad day. You got in a fight with your parents. You got grounded. Maybe you have to clean your room instead of hanging out with your friends. Or maybe you’re just bored and it’s making you grumpy. Believe it or not, there are quick fixes to boost your mood and make your day better.
Five Minute Fixes
- Put on your favorite upbeat song and turn it up as loud as it can go. Sing, dance, and even sweat a little.
- Wash your hands. Seriously. Get some amazing soap from Bath And Body Works and lather up. It’s amazing how a good smell can help you feel better.
Fifteen Minute Fixes
- Read a chapter of a book. Nothing serious, sad, or heavy. Get something fun and funny.
- Go for a walk around your block. Walk as fast and as hard as you can, beating our your frustrations on the sidewalk.
- Play a game. I’m a solitaire and minesweeper fan. Just a quick game to help take my mind off my problems and allow me a moment to breathe.
Thirty Minute Fixes
- Take a nap. Enough said.
- Watch a TV show. I’m certainly not advocating a mind numbing day where you only move off the couch to go to the bathroom and refill on chips. But taking a break from whatever is going on and watching something that brings smile to your face can do your attitude good.
- Bake something. Cookies. A cake. Something sweet where you can lick the batter and a delicious aroma fills your house for the rest of the day.
Whenever You Can Fixes
- Read your Bible. I guarantee you will have a better attitude whenever you take the time to read the Word.
- Talk to a friend. Not someone who will listen to you complain, tell you how right you are, and get you even more riled up. Make it one of those friends who will kick you in the butt and tell you to stop being so grumpy…in a totally kind and loving way.
- Get outside. Nothing clears the clutter from your head and heart like God’s creation.
- Do what you do best. Are you a musician? Play some music. Are you artistic? Write or paint something. Are you athletic? Get up and play something. Whatever you do best, chances are you enjoy it. So do whatever it is that you like to do and you will find your spirit lifted.
Any other quick fixes that you do the help yourself get rid of grumpiness?